COCONUT POTATO BAKE
You will need:
• 2 large potatoes, sliced into thin rounds
• 1 large sweet potato, sliced into thin rounds
• 1-1.5 cans of coconut milk or cream (this really depends on how much liquid you want the bake to have and how big the potatoes are. Just remember it needs enough liquid to cook and not dry out. If you use coconut cream it will be a little thicker).
• 1 red onion thinly sliced
• 4 large mushrooms sliced finely
• Seasonings to taste – salt, pepper, smoked paprika, dried mixed herbs, turmeric, nutritional yeast flakes. These are my favourites but you could add any seasonings you like.
What to do:
• Mix the coconut cream/milk with all of the seasonings in a small bowl. Set aside.
• Spread out a single layer of potato on the bottom of the dish and season with salt and pepper. Top this with some onion and mushrooms.
• Next add a layer of sweet potato. Season it, and top with more mushrooms and onion.
• Continue to add layer on top of layer until all finished.
• Pour the coconut cream/milk mixture over the layered vegetables.
• Bake at 180 degrees (fan forced) until cooked through.
• Eat once slightly cooled, and enjoy!
Note: The coconut cream/milk could easily be substituted with regular thickened cream, and a layer of cheese could also be added on top (or throughout).