Very Berry Chia Jam
What’s In It?
• 2 cups frozen or fresh berries – frozen works really well, and I used a mixture of cherries, blueberries and raspberries
• 2 tbsp chia seeds (or 3 if you would like it thicker)
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• ½ tsp mixed spice
What To Do
1. Heat berries in a small pan over a medium heat until soft. They will release all their liquid and become nice and glossy.
2. Squash or mash the berries with a fork or spoon in in the pot.
3. Stir in the chia seeds, one tablespoon at a time.
4. Add in the lemon juice, spices and vanilla extract.
5. Remove the mixture from the pot and place it in a glass jar.
6. Let it cool.