I LOVE rocky road… BUT I’m both gluten and dairy intolerant. So that led me on a journey to find a way to reconstruct my favourite sweet treat into something that I could actually eat without feeling like my guts were about to turn themselves inside out.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a recipe blog, but what I can’t stand is (a) having to scroll through 15,000 pictures of “the making of” the thing, and (b) not being able to print the damn recipe. So I have kept this super simple, straight to the point, and in printable form. You will also notice I haven’t measured most of this out particularly accurately… this is all part of my plan to guide everyone towards intuitive eating (well, ok, maybe it’s just that I’m not really a recipe kinda girl…), but anyway, the point is that you can play around with this and make it your own based on what you like! Hope that works well for you!
What’s in it:
• 2 blocks Loving Earth Mylk chocolate
• 1 packet Sugarless Confectionary gluten free marshmallows, chopped into pieces
• Mixed salted and roasted nuts (however many you like) – like mine really nutty so I use a good cup or more. Use whichever nuts are your favourite – I personally find that peanuts, macadamia nuts, almonds, cashews and/or pistachio nuts work well
• Shredded/flaked coconut (optional) – again just a handful or however much you like
• Mixed dried berries such as blueberries, goji berries (as many as you like), chopped
What to do:
1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler
2. Mix in all the chopped ingredients
3. Spread out evenly in a lined dish/container
5. Refrigerate to set
6. Cut up in squares and store covered in the fridge